cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Purge & Clean on Windows 7 64-bit

DamianCastillo
1-Newbie

Purge & Clean on Windows 7 64-bit

Does anyone know where I can find a Purge.bat and Clean.bat that will run on Windows 7 64-bit. My old batch files don't run. I would love to find someone who successfully created a right click menu option like in XP for W7.

Thanks

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Damian,

I export it from registry of my old XP system and "merge" to my new Win7 32-bitmachine.

Regards

Leonid Gurevich

In Reply to Damian Castillo:

Does anyone know where I can find a Purge.bat and Clean.bat that will run on Windows 7 64-bit. My old batch files don't run. I would love to find someone who successfully created a right click menu option like in XP for W7. Thanks
"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Hi

Attached is the batch file I created to do this. I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you and kind regards
Johan Strydom
The information in or attached to this e-mail message is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail please notify the
sender of this e-mail immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message from your system. You may not print, store, forward or copy this
message or any part thereof or disclose or cause information in this
message to be disclosed to any other person or party. productONE cannot
be held liable for any harm or loss resulting from malicious software or
viruses in this message or attachments, including data corruption
resulting there from. Employees or representatives of productONE are
not permitted to send unsolicited messages ("spam") messages that
contain offensive, derogatory or defamatory statements or materials and
productONE cannot be held liable for their sending of such mail. If this
message contains offensive, derogatory or defamatory statements or
materials, it means the message has been sent outside the sender's scope
of employment with productONE and only the sender can be held liable in
his/her personal capacity.
For more information about productONE, visit our website at
www.prodone.com <">http://www.prodone.com>

Johan,

I tried your bat file and it worked once on my local box but it would not work on any other.

I just tried it again and this time it won't create the registry file at all.

Here is my situation.

I am running Creo elements/pro 5 from a network installation. I have the path to the server mapped on all my workstations, so everyone has direct access to <loadpoint> folder.

I simply want to add a right click purge command that would run the purge.bat found in the installation folder.

In the XP days, I would add the path to the installation in the Environment Variables settings, but this no longer works with Windows 7.

Does anyone know a way of adding the purge command to the right click mouse menu that would run the purge command from a specified path?

I have been playing with this and still can't get it to work. None of my users are able to simply purge a folder anymore. Not sure how this will all change once we implement Windchill 10, but for now, I just want to add purge to the right click menu on Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks

Top Tags