cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Purge.bat

DOVANLE
1-Newbie

Purge.bat

Hello,

Just installed Creo 3.0 M040. But the purge.bat file does not seen work, It does not purge all the older versions.

In the purge.bat file, I added some DOS commands to remove some extra manufacturing files and it does remove

these files, so I know the purge file looks at the right place. However, it does not remove all the older versions.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

DoVan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:DOVANLE)

I don't know about you, but a lot of people are not going to be able to look at your .bat file, because virus and other protection software will not (rightly so) allow such things to be opened, or "executed" from the browser.

As for the purge command, have you made sure the correct path is specified so Creo can find the program that does the actual purging (purge.exe or something like that)? I've noticed in previous updates that my paths were completely messed up and I had to manually fix them.

Hi,

make a test described below:

1. create new directory with FULL access rights
  2. create new part and save it in the directory several times
  3. open System window from Creo
  4. run purge.bat and check the results

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:DOVANLE)

Hello Dovan,

this is interesting!

Yes this looks like the regular purge.bat script from Creo - except for the additional commands

del *.ncl.*

del *.mbx

del *.lst.*

del *.acl

del *.crc

del *.log.*

del *.pts.*

del *.err.*

del APS00W07

before the actual executable purge.exe is called.

If you remove the extra lines, does it work then?

How will your script react, if one of the delete commands fails (because there is no file to delete)? Will it break up?

Thanks,

Gunter

Go to command promoat select the particular folder to be purged and type "PURGE ALL"

it help you.

Top Tags