cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Scrolling issues! Can't rotate or pan. Please help.

psingh-9
1-Newbie

Scrolling issues! Can't rotate or pan. Please help.

I have Creo 3.0 M010 on Win. 10. In order to scroll, I have to press control or else it won't scroll. Second, I can't rotate or pan at all. I have tried with just my touchpad and my wireless Anker mouse. I can live with having to press ctrl while I scroll - but I need to be able to rotate/pan my models! Any help please? Also, I have set my inactive windows settings to "off".

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ropitz
3-Visitor
(To:psingh-9)

Hi Peter,

try to set up the wheel of your mouse in the system control of Windows. It might be set to the wrong option. In most of the drivers it should be set to "Middle mouse button" and not to "Wheel mouse". The correct names of options depend on your Windows and on the driver versions. But sure you will be able to find a setting that fits. Just try some out to find the right one. Otherwise contact your IT and ask for an adequate driver.

Good Luck, Ruediger

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ropitz
3-Visitor

Hi Peter,

try to set up the wheel of your mouse in the system control of Windows. It might be set to the wrong option. In most of the drivers it should be set to "Middle mouse button" and not to "Wheel mouse". The correct names of options depend on your Windows and on the driver versions. But sure you will be able to find a setting that fits. Just try some out to find the right one. Otherwise contact your IT and ask for an adequate driver.

Good Luck, Ruediger

This worked! Thank you so much. Now, do you know why I have to hold down ctrl to zoom in and out with my mouse?

Hi Peter,

Please mark reply to post from Ruediger as correct answer as that work for you.

ropitz
3-Visitor

Hi Peter,

I am sorry but I don't know why you have to hold the Ctrl key. You might have a very strange mouse with multifunktional buttons or something like that 🙂 Somtimes in the settings you can find how to match the middle mouse button to certain programs, in this case to Creo. I saw this once in the settings of a space mouse. Usually there should be any setting to get it fixed. Good luck again, Ruediger

It's because Creo 3.0 M010 is not supported on Windows 10 and Microsoft have made some changes to mouse behavior in Win10. Here you can find a discussion with workaround to make zooming with scroll possible:How to make scroll wheel zoom work in Windows 10 with Creo Parametric

Top Tags