cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Unable to grab license on all but one machine

JoshuaHouser
16-Pearl

Unable to grab license on all but one machine

Hola!

I've got a goofy situation with an Isodraw 7.1 license that has me stumped. It is running off of Flex and the same license server for Pro/E. I have one machine that will grab the license and run the software fine, but no other machine at my site will work.

I've personally installed it on 2 other systems and receive the error "License request failed for feature ISODRAW". I've had three other people at my site try to run it with the same results.

I can ping and telnet into the license server on port 7788. Watching that port shows that the bad clients won't reach it, while my client is doing fine. The timeout on my client is the same as that of the other clients.

lmutil lmdiag -c 7788@<server name="> will not show any licenses, while it works fine for the good client (which is about 5' away).

Any ideas (on a resolution to this problem) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joshua HouserMCAD Tools AdministratorPelcoWorldwide Headquarters:3500 Pelco WayClovis, CA 93612-5699 USAPhone 559/292-1981North America -

1 REPLY 1

As suspected, it was a network problem causing my failed licenses. The fix was to go into my TCP/IP Advanced DNS properties and add the two different DNS suffixes.

Joshua Houser
MCAD Tools Administrator
Pelco
Worldwide Headquarters:
3500 Pelco Way
Clovis, CA 93612-5699 USA
Phone 559/292-1981
North America 800/289-9100
-

www.pelco.com

Top Tags