cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Use a Script to determine Creo 2 and 3 datecode?

acaldwell
3-Visitor

Use a Script to determine Creo 2 and 3 datecode?

Working on a new startup script and we have users on various datecodes of Creo 2 and 3.  I need to find a way to obtain the buildcode they are using and populate that into a variable for a script.

This was done previously in Creo 1 and earlier versions via the below;

REM find the version of Creo

for /F "tokens=2 usebackq" %%A IN (`findstr "SHIPCODE" %proload%\uninstall\instlog.txt`)DO set CREO_VER=%%A

for /F "useback tokens=*" %%a IN ('%creo_ver%') DO set creo_ver=%%~a

But with Creo 2 and beyond this method no longer works.  Anyone have a work around or solution they've implemented in the past?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SET CREODIR=C:\PTC\Creo 3.0

for /f %%G in ('dir "%creodir%" /B /A:D') DO SET LASTBUILD=%%G

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SET CREODIR=C:\PTC\Creo 3.0

for /f %%G in ('dir "%creodir%" /B /A:D') DO SET LASTBUILD=%%G

KevinBrault
5-Regular Member
(To:jgrossett)

Here is another option. I use this to grab several variables from both the local install and master site and notify the user if they are out of date.

for /f "tokens=2,6,9,11,13,15 usebackq" %%a in (`findstr "<PRODUCT" "%InstallSource%\Creo_%CreoVersion%\Installer_App_Win%WinVer%\pim\xml\creobase.xml"`) do (

if not "%%a"=="" set %%a

if not "%%b"=="" set %%b

if not "%%c"=="" set %%c

if not "%%d"=="" set %%d

if not "%%e"=="" set %%e

if not "%%f"=="" set %%f

)

You'll end up with several environment variables set (e.g. "datecode").

Thanks this works perfectly for Creo 3, I modified just a bit for Creo 2 and it's great!!

This syntax originally came from Olaf Corten, It works for me so I haven't mucked with it.

For Creo 3 I have this in my startup script.

set CREO3PATH=C:\PTC\Creo 3.0

** REM Check and set current build

set CREOVERSION=Unknown

** REM CREOVERSION will be set to the alphabetical latest folder

FOR /F %%i IN ('dir /AD /B /ON "%CREO3PATH%\F*" "%CREO3PATH%\M*"') DO (set CREOVERSION=%%i)

** REM Error message if no build folder has been found

IF NOT EXIST "%CREO3PATH%\%CREOVERSION%\Common Files"  echo ERROR: No valid Creo 3.0 build found in %CREO3PATH% (%CREOVERSION%)

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags