cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

WF5 M030 save as .pdf

dustin
1-Newbie

WF5 M030 save as .pdf

Hello, everyone,

We were operating WF5 F000 for a few months, finally enjoying the benefits of saving a .pdf file from a 64-bit machine (we were using WF3 prior). With a 2nd WF5 license, we upgraded to the latest version (M030) and now we get an abort error when attempting a .pdf save. Does anyone else have this issue in WF5 M030?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9
dustin
1-Newbie
(To:dustin)

I reinstalled F000 in a parallel directory to test my theory that the problem is in M030. F000 saves the .pdf file without a problem. I will wait for PTC to correct this issue in a later release and plug away with F000 for the time being.

I'm on WF5.0 M030, Windows 7, 64-bit, and it works fine. Are you using XP?

Regards,
Joe

dustin
1-Newbie

I am using Windows XP-Pro 64-bit with the 64-bit version of WF5 M030. Another thing I noticed is that the preview button is grayed out for the .pdf interface of the publish ribbon.
jellis
11-Garnet

I just tested this on our HP XP64 workstation running WF5 M030. I created a new model/drw and added our format. For the pdf settings I changed to Monochrome and on the Content tab selected 'Stroke All Fonts'. The pdf exported to the desktop and opened in pdf reader. We have version 9.3.0 of Adobe Reader 9 on the xp64 workstation.

Regards, Jim

dustin
1-Newbie

Jim: Interesting. I was running Adobe 8.x. Logic would suggest that the adobe version would not impact Pro-E's ability to save as a .pdf. Hearing your success on a similar machine and under the assumption my logic is flawed, I updated my adobe to 9.3 and restarted my computer. I then loaded M030 along with a typical drawing with our format and created one with a std Pro-E template. Saving as .pdf still aborts even with everything as identical I can make them to your description. We have (2) machines running XP 64-bit and M030, and both fail to export to .pdf unless running F000 (I have not attempted intermediate Pro-E builds).

Obviously, there is something else going on here. Thank you guys for the input! Any other ideas about possible causes?

jellis
11-Garnet

Dustin....For what it's worth.....my test WF5 install is OOTB. There are only a couple configs loaded that set Dec places and similar options. Are you running OOTB or do you have your companies config.pro loaded?

Regards, Jim

dustin
1-Newbie

Jim,

I have my own set of options. In my initial endeavor to determine a solution, I had though that perhaps Pro-E could not find my adobe location. One of my troubleshooting techniques was use the "acrobat_reader" option to designate the reader location. This had no effect. I recalled this after your last post and I attempted the save without the option, and with an updated option pointing it to the correct location. Neither of these were successful in M030 however. Using F000 it does not appear to matter what that option is, it works every time.

Radovan
11-Garnet

Hi Dustin,

I am using Win7 64 bit WF5 M030.

I have the same result as you if I export PDF from ribon (Publish>PDF>Export]

File>Save a Copy work OK

Radovan

dustin
1-Newbie

Radovan,

Interesting that this isn't strictly an XP problem then. We cannot create .pdf files by file>save copy either however. I think I will open a call with PTC on this issue, as I can't seem to find an obvious solution. It is interesting to me that F000 works fine, using the same drawing files and the same config.pro options.

Thanks guys!

Top Tags