cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

config.pro options - spreadsheet

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

config.pro options - spreadsheet

Has anyone put all Creo 3.0 config.pro options in Excel?  The PDF that lists all (creo3_m060_parametric_configoptions.pdf) is 162 pages long.

We're methodically going thru our Creo Elements Pro/WF5 config.pro and config.sup files, updating for the latest Creo 3.0.

It would seem that pretty much everyone has these needs for this:

- Consider each option and it's default value.  Decide if the default is ok.  If not, change it in your standard config. Decide whether .sup or .pro.

- Add comments for each decision.

PTC supplies all needed into as a PDF; would seem that pretty much everyone would need to convert to Excel somehow.

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

David Haigh‌ has put together something like this for Creo 2.0 a few years ago.

I've got no idea where i found the file back then so i just added it to the attachment.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeLockwood)

Proesite.com has a full listing of all Creo 3 options.  Unfortunately it doesn't list the default values.  I imagine it would very easy to cut and paste this into Excel.

danderson
11-Garnet
(To:TomU)

Tom,

The default value and options for each setting are listed when you click on the links.
The default value has a * next to it and some say default.
Hidden config options do not have a default value.

Don Anderson

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

Thanks for this link. The site just showed me REFIT_FOR_XSEC_OR_ZONE which sounds great if setting it to "no" will work.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeLockwood)

I just took the PDF for M060 and converted it to Excel.  Use at your own risk.

There is a file that appears to list many, many config.pro options installed with Creo Parametric.  The file is <PATH_TO_CREO>\Common Files\text\config.cdb.  It is a text file.  It doesn't appear to list hidden config options.  I was able to open it in MS Word and do some text search/replace and paste it into an Excel Spreadsheet.

Top Tags