cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

getting started - viewport question

ptc-5775890
1-Newbie

getting started - viewport question

Everything in the viewport disappears when I start a new action. I have to move the view (pan, zoom, or etc.) to see anything again. Is this a settings issue or a computer issue? I have been using CoCreate at work for many years, I just loaded this free version on to my personal computer.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I am not sure I undertand you question, Julie. Basic Creo Parametric does not have view ports. It simply has a graphics window (unless you have the style option).

When starting a new part, the default datums planes can be huge. Once a feature is created, these scale to the extent of the bounding box, which is the size constrained by the newly created physical geometry.

Feel free to show some images or even a video of the problem you are having.

Thanks for responding. I made a quick video with my camcorder. In the video I draw a rectangle and extrude a box, then draw some more lines on the workplane. The view/window keeps going blank, or only showing what my cursor is directly hitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX6ACIlcs40&feature=youtu.be

Thanks, that helps.

Unfortunately this is Creo Elements direct so it is quite different than I was thinking.

It seems the spin center is not in an optimal location. Also, you may be having graphics driver issues during sketching.

I know very little about Creo Elements direct. I am not sure how to get support from PTC for this application.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5775890)

Do you have a recommended graphics card with the correct drivers. I had a laptop that had a similar issue and was a big pain to work on because of that.

I looked into the graphics card. The system requirements for Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express 4.0 says "3D capable graphics card with OpenGL support". I have on my PC I have "Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family", I've found some info and trying to set it to "OpenGL". Thanks for the lead.

Top Tags