cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

how in Creo 3 do I in drawings insert a note from file. I have search path set in config but command does not let me go to files with notes in it.

mvergino
1-Newbie

how in Creo 3 do I in drawings insert a note from file. I have search path set in config but command does not let me go to files with notes in it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

• place new note on a drawing
  • Creo displays Format tab
  • click Note from File button located in Format tab

MH

Martin Hanák

Just to follow up on Martin's suggestion, here is a snapshot of the Format tab:

format_tab.jpg

Thanks,

Amit

I'm having the same issue with built Creo 3 M060. The file path is set in the config option but the location does not comes up when clicking on the 'Notes from File'. I'm using the pro_note_dir and the other similar items see to work. The other directories are working me but that one is not. Maybe it's a typo but I'm not seeing it...

Windchill.jpgconfig.jpg

Also, why is 'Note from File' hidden inside Note? It seems to there should be two 'Note from File'. Sometimes you want to edit after selecting a note or cell and sometimes you want to create a brand new note.

Michael,

It looks like it's a product idea to have it point there. Up vote it!

When pro_note_dir is set "Note from file" should start there.

Also, for my example above...  there is a Note folder and a Standard Notes folder in my Windchill. Calling the 'Standard Notes' folder is appropriate.

Thanks,

Luke

Hi,

Lucas Hoogeveen has given you link to When pro_note_dir is set "Note from file" should start there. This idea contains detailed explanation of pro_note_dir implementation. The same information is available on https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS74249

• In order to access the location of pro_note_dir after making the menu selections to create a note from file and the Open dialog box appears it will go to the working directory.
  • To access the note directory access the list box titled Look In and there will be a special entry there called Note Text Directory that will use the location specified by pro_note_dir.

MH

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MartinHanak)

Well stated.  Creo's lack of consistency is mind-numbing sometimes.  Pick a format takes you to the formats directory, pick a symbol takes you to the symbols directory, pick a note takes you to someplace other than the notes directory, say what?!?! 

You might also have a problem if the Note(s) you're trying to add is from Windchill and was added back in the days of Intralink - see below. These old .txt files will not appear in the Note Text Directory or have the option to download from Windchill. The solution is to upload these old files again (too much to hope for it it to just work or have a button to update files).

Intralink TXT Files.jpg

Importing txt (and other files) file to your Workspace needs a config file:

allow_import_file_extension txt,tbl,mat,mtl,sym

You can then import these files to your Workspace from the internal Creo Browser. You may need an administrator to put them in the correct location in Windchill.

Import to Workspace.jpg

Top Tags