cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

searching multiple workspaces

JMSCRA
1-Newbie

searching multiple workspaces

Gentlemen,

We are using PDMLink 9.1. The question of searching for a NEW item that exists in one of numerous workspaces came up today. The item has not been checked in.

Searching all of PDMLink, a product, a folder or one workspace is easy. How do I search the contents of numerous workspaces? We have looked in the Home/Workspaces tab and have not found a search that will do all workspaces at one time. We have looked at all of the searches we can find without any luck.

Any help is appreciated.

John M. Scranton
Manager Design Drafting
and Configuration Management
Ultra Electronics - USSI
4686 E. Park 30 Dr.
Columbia City, IN 46725-8869
*Voice: 260.248.3576
*Fax; 260.248.3509
[cid:image001.jpg@01CCFAD6.BC8BB6C0]

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:JMSCRA)

Attached query builder report finds all EPMDoc's by Workspace name.
Could run it with Workspace Name blank and return all objects in all Workspaces.
Not sure if it will return objects not yet checked in - may need PTC Tech Support's help to extend to cover that case.
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

A big thank you to Mike for this report.

I was trying to modify it so it would report on only the user that is running it but I can't get it to work. Does anyone know how that could be done? I had one person yesterday and one today ask me how to search in only their workspaces for a certain file. The "Search within my work" link doesn't work very well.

In Reply to Mike Lockwood:

Attached query builder report finds all EPMDoc's by Workspace name.
Could run it with Workspace Name blank and return all objects in all Workspaces.
Not sure if it will return objects not yet checked in - may need PTC Tech Support's help to extend to cover that case.
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Our solution to this is to get all users to name their workspaces with their login in the name of the workspace. Helps quite a lot for admin's troubleshooting.
Top Tags