cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

tool want to checkout an unchanged object

LaureLancelot
4-Participant

tool want to checkout an unchanged object

I am using Creo Parametric Release 5.0 and Datecode5.0.0.0

Hello

The customer raised the issue shown in the video in attachment (in French sorry…).

It seems that in the actual production, they open a prt under creo parametric, regenerate it, move it and save it. “Save” indicated that nothing changed and no checkout/checkin necessary.
In the new env, if they open the same prt under creo parametric, , regenerate it, move it and save it. The tool ask for a checkout/checkin when we save.

I don’t have found properties/preferences or else for that. I don’t find the difference…

I have found this case:
https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs337098?language=en&posno=1&q=regenerate mark as changed&DocumentType=Article&ProductFamily=Windchill&source=search
but not really understand…

could you help us, plz ?

5 REPLIES 5

There is a Creo config option you may want to look into (save_objects). We have this set to "changed" so that we only save files when modification occurs. 

Here's an article on the option as well:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS52499 

What is the difference in the 2 environments mentioned?

Different versions of Creo?

Not sure, I was very clear...

The customer is on the same creo parametric and change the Windchill server connected (Manage session > Server Management)

When creo parametric point to the actual prod, the regeneration doesn't involve a checkout/checkin (no modification detected)

When creo parametric point to the future prod, the generation of the same prt involve a checkout/checkin (modification detected)

so I think that we use the same config.pro.

any idea ?

No video attached.

Martin Hanák

sorry

Top Tags