cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

up to 40% reduction in memory usage in Wildfire 4

ptc-113113
1-Newbie

up to 40% reduction in memory usage in Wildfire 4

So it says in the PTC literature.

Can anybody explain how PTC arrived at that number, or better yet, techniques new to Wildfire 4 that reduce memory usage?

We keep hitting the wall, getting more memory may not be possible in this down economy.

Thanks in Advance

Andrew Amsden
CAD\PDM Administrator
Midmark Corporation
937-526-8770

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I should have looked here first
the venerable OCUS benchmark show a mild creep up in memory usage,

Perhaps there are techniques or options that are not part of the OCUS workflow that would enable a 40% reduction in assembly memory usage?

How would PTC answer that?
DaveEngel
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-113113)

PTC marketing loves those "40% reduction" claims. Remember the
"40% reduction" in clicks when we went from 2001 to Wildfire?

They are probably referring to on demand simplified reps.

-Dave
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-113113)

40% would be great. It would put our big assemblies back into the realm of being open-able by our 32-bit computer users...with no simp reps or other memory management techniques.

I'll believe it when I see it. My favorite is when you can get a large assy to open and it finally comes up and the moment you try to do anything...***poof***...instant exit. You just get that warm fuzzy feeling all over.

Steve

I'm pretty sure it simp reps, but I think the usability may have improved.

I got some literature that associated the "up to 40%" memory savings with "always on demand simplified reps"
Sounds very promising to me.

Andrew

Top Tags