cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when is Creo 4.0 expected?

SOLVED

Re: when is Creo 4.0 expected?

David,

Apologies for not responding. I believe the install base "size" plan still determines whether or not you must buy from a VAR. If I am incorrect, I am sure my Pro/E brethren will correct me.

Highlighted

You heard right...

Have the VAR's branched out to other Creo software like Creo View...that team seems to be making significant software changes and upgrades every 6 months. Creo View 3.1 is out now.  I don't see much training on Youtube for it.

I expect the following enhancements

• Mini toolbar
  • Support Full Screen mode
  • Add flexible modeling extension into sheetmetal mode
  • Update standard for geometric tolerance
  • Update standard for surface finish symbol
  • Add GD & T Advisor as one extension
  • Add Keyshot as one extension

I remember those days when I had all the flexibility of NX and it all worked.

As JB said we not always first but when we deliver we do it the best.

If you want to test beta version;

PTC Creo 4.0 Pre-Beta User Experience (UX) Testing | PTC

fill-in form after that you will receive an e-mail to login to remote test environment Creo 4.0.

According to the Product Calendar it is now Nov 2016

‌wtf Full screen mode as a new feature. Guys are you serious? It's 2016 or is PTC still in de Dos or Unix mode...

I'm not exactly sure what that means.  I've had "open_window_maximized yes" set in my config since WF5 and it may have been possible earlier.  This opens Creo in full screen, so I'm assuming "full screen mode" might means somethign else.

Creo and Proe traces its root to Unix and the legacy cascading side menus required some open screen real estate to the right of the main window.  Up until Creo 1, there were still significant parts of the software that relied on the old cascading menus.  They would sometimes appear behind the main window if it was maximized, so running maximized wasn't advisable.  They still pop up occasionally, but not nearly as often and they are smarter about appearing on top instead of underneath.

--
Doug Schaefer | Engineering Manager
Crow Works