cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Command to create and modify a test step

ikeri
1-Newbie

Command to create and modify a test step

Hello,

Is there a command to create and modify a test step in a test case? I can create test case with "im createissue", modify it with the "im editissue" but how to add test step to it?

Thanks in advance Istvan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:ikeri)

To create a new test step, you would also use the "im createissue" command. There is a type for "Test Step". To add a new test step to a test case, you would first need to create it using "im createissue", then add it to the "Test Steps" relationship for your Test Case. For example, if I wanted to add the Test Step with ID 573 to the Test Case with ID 580, the command would be im editissue --addFieldValues="Test Steps"=573 580.

Note that I am using Integrity 10.7. For versions prior to 10.6, the command would be im editissue --addRelationships="Test Steps"=573 580

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DanR.
10-Marble

What about tm createverdict?

awalsh
17-Peridot

To create a new test step, you would also use the "im createissue" command. There is a type for "Test Step". To add a new test step to a test case, you would first need to create it using "im createissue", then add it to the "Test Steps" relationship for your Test Case. For example, if I wanted to add the Test Step with ID 573 to the Test Case with ID 580, the command would be im editissue --addFieldValues="Test Steps"=573 580.

Note that I am using Integrity 10.7. For versions prior to 10.6, the command would be im editissue --addRelationships="Test Steps"=573 580

ikeri
1-Newbie

Thank you Ann. That really works. (im createissue --type="Test Step" )

I only have to find out how to get the ID of the newly created test step, but that's another story.

Announcements

Top Tags