cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to distribute custom MSWord reports to server?

AN_10548594
7-Bedrock

How to distribute custom MSWord reports to server?

Hello team,

I have created some custom MS Word reports and seems like their definitions are tied to the client side only.

Is there a way to distribute them to clients at once? Of course I can create a custom service pack bundle that holds these reports but may be other ways exist?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @AN_10548594,

Thank you for your question!

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.

Also, feel free to add any additional information you think might be relevant. It sometimes helps to have screenshots to better understand what you are trying to do.

Best regards,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator

Hello Andranik,

I assume you have created the report files in the folder <client>/config/gateway, correct?

Same folders exists on server, like <server>/data/gateway and <server>/data/public_html/gateway.

The publishing is not much more then copy the files over and update the template link to the http adress.

Would you like to give a try?

Grusse Volker,

This is what I got from TS and it's ok now.

The templates used for the Gateway applications (in this case MS Word) can be both stored on the client and server side.
Based on the information that you have provided us with, you would like the users to use the server-side templates, for that, check out
 this article.

In 
this article you can find and determine which template is being used and from which location (client or server).

Many thanks!

A.

Hello Andranik,

great to hear that it works now for you.

Just to make you aware of the following:

1/ we have written a trigger to distribute the gateway xml files flexible to the right target directory. This is in particular helpful when you work with multiple stage systems. 

2/ we have offered to some department admins the possibility to maintain the word templates by themselves. We use a template item type to upload (as attachment) and distribute the file into the correct target directory for testing or even prod.

So, in sum the Word Template development and deployment process is much simpler and shared among multiple persons.

If you are interested in some details, just send me a PN.     

Announcements

Top Tags