cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

AWS TWX Data Transfer

SV_9844050
4-Participant

AWS TWX Data Transfer

Hello,

I am part of a development working to push AWS data into TWX and vice-versa. Can you help with the steps involved for overall process.
Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

What do you mean exactly by AWS data ?

SV_9844050
4-Participant
(To:smainente)

We need to push our data (in JSON format) from AWS IoT Core into DynamoDB -> Thingworx -> Creo OR directly from Iot Core into thingworx.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SV_9844050)

Hi @SV_9844050.

What is your use case for this scenario?  ThingWorx offers several methods for communicating with external systems, so you should be able to communicate directly between Core and ThingWorx.  However, if you want to communicate between DynamoDB and ThingWorx, this should work as well by creating a jdbc connector.  If the data is already in a JSON format, ThingWorx can provide several methods for importing.

The bottom line is there are several options.  We can possibly provide some guidance to determine the most efficient approach with some additional information.

Regards.

--Sharon

Thanks. I tried to use MQTT extension and in the server name i configured the AWS IoT core endpoint. But in order to connect to AWS IoT i will also need to include someway the ssl certificates for authentication, i am not able to find a way to include that . 

Can you guide on what are specific ways of having that connection, since i am new to thingworx i am not familiar with setup. I am fine with solution for either of below;

1. Connection to AWS IoT core using MQTT 

2. Connect to AWS DynamoDB ( do we need to build a JDBC or there is already one available)

My use case is, i need to get the sensor data from AWS IoT core and pass it to Creo model. For this i need to first get the data in ThingWorx first so that using Creo Product Insights i can pass this data to Creo model and vice versa.

Will appreciate if you could point me to some tutorials/documentation etc,

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:YP_9778325)

Hi @

There are a number of ways to do this.  If you decide to use DynamoDB, you will have to get the JDBC driver from the Dynamo site.  There is a JDBC Connector extension available on the PTC Support site for download to help with the configuration.

For connecting to AWS IoT core, there may be other ways to do so outside of MQTT.  I really can't answer your question regarding the SSL certificate configuration.  AWS IoT core also has SDK's that may be useful, as well as the APIs that are exposed.  This guide may be helpful.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @SV_9844050.

If either of the previous responses helped you to find a solution, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags