cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Abnormal Mashup Behavior on iPad

bmehringer
12-Amethyst

Abnormal Mashup Behavior on iPad

I've been doing some testing with using iPads and Mashups and the various widgets.  I've noticed that certain user interaction doesn't work as well on the iPad as it does on a laptop.  One specific item is that when I pull up a mashup on an iPad I have to press the Button widget twice for it to respond.  Sometimes I only have to press it once.

I also noticed that using jQuery inside Expression widgets for setting focus also has different behavior.  I have found a work around for this, but not the Button widget.

Has anyone else ran into this with Thingworx mashups?  We are 8.2.1.

I appreciate the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

One of our more advanced TW developers found a way to control button functionality through the use of jQuery and the Expression widget.  If you add the below jQuery and reference the correct button ID, you can alter how it works on the client side.  Something else this developer found was that using a Value Display as the “button” (it has a Click event) was easier as it doesn’t have Hover event to work around.  If using the Value Display Click, then no expression is needed.

$('[id*=button-32]').on('touchstart mouseenter focus', function(e) {e.stopImmediatePropagation(); $('[id*=button-32]').trigger('Clicked'); });

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anyone have any ideas?

Is anyone using iPads, or any tablet, with Thingworx Mashups that can help point us in a direction?

CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:bmehringer)

Hello,

Which version of iOS are you running on the iPad? I assume you're just using Safari to try things out?

-- Craig A.

bmehringer
12-Amethyst
(To:CRArko)

Version 11.4.1

And yes, we are just using Safari.  We tried with Chrome in iPad also and it responded the same way.  After doing some internet research, it seems to be a common problem with iPad's and the touch screens.

I suppose a widget could be modified to support iPad functionality, but I would have thought TW would have included something for this, especially given that there is a drop down when creating a mashup to design it specifically for iPads.

For our needs, we could get by with anything that can trigger an even based on "Click".  It doesn't have to be the button widget.

One of our more advanced TW developers found a way to control button functionality through the use of jQuery and the Expression widget.  If you add the below jQuery and reference the correct button ID, you can alter how it works on the client side.  Something else this developer found was that using a Value Display as the “button” (it has a Click event) was easier as it doesn’t have Hover event to work around.  If using the Value Display Click, then no expression is needed.

$('[id*=button-32]').on('touchstart mouseenter focus', function(e) {e.stopImmediatePropagation(); $('[id*=button-32]').trigger('Clicked'); });

Top Tags