cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Access permission for developer role

georgeajin
7-Bedrock

Access permission for developer role

Hi,

I was trying to create a developer user group in my application to which collection level access permission to almost all entities barring a few was provided.

In case of Thing Template, provided visibility to the organization of the user group and also provided all permissions in the Run time and Design time scenarios except for the delete permission.

One thing that was observed is, though I am able to access and edit certain Thing Templates, an error was getting thrown in Application log stating the the corresponding entity cannot be found.

Apart from the access and visibility permissions provided at the collection level, should it be configured at some other level also?

For reference, the error shown in Application log  mainly corresponds to 3 Thing Templates (RemoteThingWithFileTransfer, RemoteThing, GenericThing)

Can anyone suggest an approach to be taken to resolve this

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:georgeajin)

It sounds like you have created Things based on the Template or the Template references some things that the user doesn't have visibility to.

Top Tags