Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Mapskins to google maps widget

Add Mapskins to google maps widget

Hi,

I am new to thingworx and have been playing around with the google map widget.  I have requirement for a POC that I am working on where I need a dark themed Mapskin for the google map.  I downloaded the extension .zip file from the market place and updated the goolgemap.ide.js and goolgemap.id.runtime.js files where I believe is the correct spot (see below) and also increased the version iteration in the metadata.xml.  I am then able to load the extension into the composer, however after the extension is installed I cannot see to google maps widget as a menu option.  Do I need to overwrite or uninstall the existing widget or modify the metadata.xml of the new widget?

googlemap.ide.js line 29:

'MapSkin': {

'isBindingTarget': false,

'description' : 'A few options on the look of the map',

'baseType': 'STRING',

'defaultValue': 'normal',

'selectOptions': [

{ value: 'normal', text: 'Normal' },

{ value: 'blue', text: 'Blue' },

{ value: 'gray', text: 'Gray' },

{ value: 'dark', text: 'Dark' }.

]

},

googlemap.ide.runtime.js line 146:

switch( this.getProperty('MapSkin','normal') ) {
        case 'normal':
        break;
        case 'blue':
        options['styles'] = [{"featureType":"water","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#193341"}]},{"featureType":"landscape","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#2c5a71"}]},{"featureType":"road","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#29768a"},{"lightness":-37}]},{"featureType":"poi","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#406d80"}]},{"featureType":"transit","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#406d80"}]},{"elementType":"labels.text.stroke","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"color":"#3e606f"},{"weight":2},{"gamma":0.84}]},{"elementType":"labels.text.fill","stylers":[{"color":"#ffffff"}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"weight":0.6},{"color":"#1a3541"}]},{"elementType":"labels.icon","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"poi.park","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#2c5a71"}]}];
        break;
        case 'gray':
        options['styles'] = [{"featureType":"landscape","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"lightness":65},{"visibility":"on"}]},{"featureType":"poi","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"lightness":51},{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"road.arterial","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"lightness":30},{"visibility":"on"}]},{"featureType":"road.local","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"lightness":40},{"visibility":"on"}]},{"featureType":"transit","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.province","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"labels","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"lightness":-25},{"saturation":-100}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"hue":"#ffff00"},{"lightness":-25},{"saturation":-97}]}];
break;

case 'dark':

options['styles'] = [{"featureType":"all","elementType":"labels.text.fill","stylers":[{"saturation":36},{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":40}]},{"featureType":"all","elementType":"labels.text.stroke","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":16}]},{"featureType":"all","elementType":"labels.icon","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":20}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"geometry.stroke","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":17},{"weight":1.2}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"labels","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.country","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.country","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.country","elementType":"labels.text","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.province","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.locality","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"},{"saturation":"-100"},{"lightness":"30"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.neighborhood","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"administrative.land_parcel","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"landscape","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"},{"gamma":"0.00"},{"lightness":"74"}]},{"featureType":"landscape","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":20}]},{"featureType":"landscape.man_made","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"lightness":"3"}]},{"featureType":"poi","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"poi","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":21}]},{"featureType":"road","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":17}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","elementType":"geometry.stroke","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":29},{"weight":0.2}]},{"featureType":"road.arterial","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":18}]},{"featureType":"road.local","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":16}]},{"featureType":"transit","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":19}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#000000"},{"lightness":17}]}];

break;            

}

Thanks,

Jason

1 REPLY 1

Re: Add Mapskins to google maps widget

Dumb question, but did you say yes to refresh Composer? You have to reload to see the custom widgets in extensions sometimes.

Announcements

Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum! ______________________________