cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Add different image/icon for each tab in ptcstabset

nikkolasep
10-Marble

Add different image/icon for each tab in ptcstabset

I'm using ThingWorx 9.1.6-b746 and want to add different image/icon for each tab in ptcstabset. Unfortunately using the standard style properties is not possible. Is there a way to do? I tried to use CSS but having problem to select and add the image to a specific tab.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:nikkolasep)

Hi @NP_10043951. 

Short of developing your own widget, I don't have another solution.

Note that we have received no date for removal of the deprecated widgets, so using a legacy widget would still be an option.  The replacement may at some point we updated with the missing features and you could update it at that time.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @nikkolasep.

It looks like you'll need to use one of the legacy tab widgets for now.  You can find the legacy widgets by selecting Legacy in the Category field.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Slangley,

thanks for your response. You're right, there is an older type version of tab widget, which allows adding image on it. But unfortunately this widget will soon be deprecated and I would like to make it on the newer tab widget version, which doesn't allow adding image directly via properties.

There is another suggestion to use custom css below:

.widget-ptcstabset::part(tabs-tab-label){
font-size: 0px !important;
background-image:url("/Thingworx/FileRepositories/SystemRepository/download.png") !important;
}

The issue with this method is that, this only allows us to give all tabs same background image or in other words we are still unable to give different background images to each tab.

I'm looking forward to further tips or solutions.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @NP_10043951. 

Short of developing your own widget, I don't have another solution.

Note that we have received no date for removal of the deprecated widgets, so using a legacy widget would still be an option.  The replacement may at some point we updated with the missing features and you could update it at that time.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @nikkolasep.

If you feel your question has been answered even if it wasn't the answer you wanted, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Unfortunately, there is no other solution but creating a customized widget.

Top Tags