cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Advanced Grid cannot configure columns.

Radu
15-Moonstone

Advanced Grid cannot configure columns.

Hi,

I cannot configure the Grid Columns. I have a service that receives an infotable and a data shape as inputs, and creates an empty infotable with the specific data shape. Then, the infotable given as input is cloned into the empty infotable that I just created, and is given as service output.

I'm binding this service output to the grid, but I cannot configure the Grid Columns. They show empty, just like in the photo. I understand that is the behaviour for when you're passing infotables without data shapes. But the service that I created, even though it doesn't have the Data Shape specifically defined in the Output section, it is still defined inside the code (see the code snippet for the BufferInfotable function attached below)

Am I doing something wrong? Thank you.

Code snippet below. "datash" is the data shape given as input, and "info" is the infotable with the data, given as input.

var params = {
	infoTableName: "InfoTable" /* STRING */,
	dataShapeName: datash /* DATASHAPENAME */
};

// result: INFOTABLE
var emptyInfo = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(params);

var params2 = {
	t1: emptyInfo /* INFOTABLE */,
	t2: info /* INFOTABLE */
};

// result: INFOTABLE
var result = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].Union(params2);

Radu_0-1579687938427.png 

5 REPLIES 5

Hi radu,
I am not sure if you are able to see data in grid as above explained but try binding All data from service to grid. Like when you add your service to data part expand the service you can see all data, then drag all data to grid and bind as data.
Then you can see data in grid.

Thanks
Radu
15-Moonstone
(To:VaibhavShinde)

Hi,

Thank you for your response. It is my bad, because I have been misunderstood. By "binding the service output" I actually mean what you're suggesting, dropping the "All Data" of the service to the grid.

The problem is not seeing the data in the grid, because it is displayed. The problem is that in the Grid Properties, when clicking the cog/wheel, I cannot see the grid columns. This happens because the output of my service doesn't have a data shape assigned, just like in the picture below. Problem is that inside the service I already defined the data shape, but dynamically.

Radu_0-1579768012939.png

rosharma
16-Pearl
(To:Radu)

does your service snippets return the infotable result when you execute that service without mentioning the datashape in output.

for data to be visible i think you need to mention the datashape for output with infotable as well. datashapes as such i believe would be same for both infotables and once data is returned from service then only you will be able to configure columns on grid as those columns would only be visible which are mentioned in output datashape.

Radu
15-Moonstone
(To:rosharma)

Hi,

Thank you for answering. Indeed, when executing the service, the infotable is displayed, because, when also binding the service output to the grid, the data is displayed.

I can't declare the data shape in the service output because I am operating with multiple infotables in the same service, with different data shapes. Therefore, it would be required of me to dynamically declare the infotable data shape output.

Barbee
2-Guest
(To:Radu)

They had to select the record in the grid to open a form, edit the data, and then save, which required multiple steps. With editable grids, users can do rich in-line editing directly from grids and subgrids whether they’re using a web app, tablet, or phone.

Top Tags