cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

After login successfully its again access the login page mashup.

snoor
7-Bedrock

After login successfully its again access the login page mashup.

I am using the default organization login functionality of Thingworx.  If the user successfully login then it redirects the master mashup. But, if I entered the login page mashup URL it's loading the login page again instead of redirecting to mashup how in a normal application.  Is it possible if the user is already authenticated then we can redirect to master mashup based user organization?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
snoor
7-Bedrock
(To:zyuan1)

Hello @zyuan1 ,

Below are the steps followed to check the behavior,

1. Login with URL <server name:port>/Thingworx/FormLogin when Default organization is set with a HomeMashup defined which also has Master Mashup set for it in Design tab

1. On successful login, It redirects to the URL <server name:port>/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html#master=<Master Mashup> &mashup=< Home Mashup>  and displays Home mashup along with the Master Mashup

1. Now enter this URL <server name:port>/Thingworx/FormLogin again in the browser where you have a login.

As per my knowledge, it's already authenticated by User information and it should redirect the user home mashup.

I have created a case with PTC support team, they have created jeera ticket for this case considering as a bug.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
zyuan1
18-Opal
(To:snoor)

If you use the FormLogin to visit the Organization Home mashup, you don't need authenticate twice. And in the Home mashup place you need to assign a Mashup instead of the Master directly. What's the condition in your side?

snoor
7-Bedrock

Hello @zyuan1 ,

I have used FormLogin only to visit the Organization home mashup. If I give the username and password it's able to authenticate for the first time only. But, if I entered Login URL(<server name>/Thingworx/FormLogin/<Organization Name>) again it's loading the login page mashup. But I am expecting it should redirect to the organization mashup because we already authenticated the user details.

zyuan1
18-Opal

Do you mean you logged in to <server name>/Thingworx/FormLogin/<Organization Name> twice, and need to type in the password twice and still go to the same Home Mashup? 

But you expect the browser to remember the cache so second time you use the FormLogin you can get into the mashup directly? 

When you first time logged in, you'll create a session, so if you open another mashup with link directly in the same browser, you may success; But since you open FormLogin again, the rule for the page is to accept Credentials, you can't skip it.

snoor
7-Bedrock

Hello @zyuan1 ,

Below are the steps followed to check the behavior,

1. Login with URL <server name:port>/Thingworx/FormLogin when Default organization is set with a HomeMashup defined which also has Master Mashup set for it in Design tab

1. On successful login, It redirects to the URL <server name:port>/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html#master=<Master Mashup> &mashup=< Home Mashup>  and displays Home mashup along with the Master Mashup

1. Now enter this URL <server name:port>/Thingworx/FormLogin again in the browser where you have a login.

As per my knowledge, it's already authenticated by User information and it should redirect the user home mashup.

I have created a case with PTC support team, they have created jeera ticket for this case considering as a bug.

zyuan1
18-Opal

I not sure how R&D would respond, but per my understanding FormLogin will just redirect to the FormLogin.jsp page, and if you use the same User or another user to login the page, you will get a new session.

Maybe there's already a named user logged in the server in the same composer, but if another user from the same Organization also need to login and do some operations, the activity should be logged under his name instead of give him a quick-pass and use his colleague's identity. That could be harmful for security though, and also different user has different permissions, there could be something second user is not allowed to see in the mashup (some menu direction)

Top Tags