cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Alert configuration for remote values streaming in from the device.

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Alert configuration for remote values streaming in from the device.

Hi,

I have a thing that captures the running status of machine from kepware. The value is of boolean type.

I wanted to send a email to specific email address when the value changes to '0' saying Machine has stopped.

Using alert what should i give as source and should I create a new thing using mailserver as template?

How can I do this?

Thanks,

V Shalini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What is the source i need to give? The running tag thing is the source I need to give? 

1. Yes you have to running tag thing and event as Alert

2. Select the property

And in 'entity' section i need to give the same thing and search for send message option right?

You have to search for Mailserver Thing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @svisveswaraiya

Yes, you have to create thing using Mailserver as template. In that thing, you have to set mail server address, port and authentication credentials.

Once you configured mailserver thing,

1. Create alert for that property

2. Create subscription for that alert and using "SendMessage" service from Mailserver thing to send mail.

Regards,

Velkumar R

Hi Velkumar,

I tried this process but it doesnt show me an option like "SendMessage"

What is the source i need to give? The running tag thing is the source I need to give? 

And in 'entity' section i need to give the same thing and search for send message option right?

I tried it but not getting it.

1. Yes you have to running tag thing and event as Alert

2. Select the property

You have to search for Mailserver Thing.

Thanks Velkumar, 

it helped me to finish it.

Top Tags