cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Animated widget with tooltip

Ilya
7-Bedrock

Animated widget with tooltip

I've upgraded Thingworx from 8.4 to 8.5 and realized that tooltip feature has gone from the most widgets where it was available. 

I need a widget which shows different pictures (actually icons) are set dynamically, and dynamic tooltip (a string from some service), which I can format (at least set style).

Before I used ValueDisplay, but it's new implementation does not allow it anymore. Widgets ptcsimage/
ptcsicon don't have tooltip neither. 
I've found it only in Gauge, but I don't need a needle.

Could you advise a widget if such exists, or it will be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Ilya,

Just in case you don't get a better answer, I suggest to look in the direction of overlaying an Image with some widget which supports tooltips (e.g. a fully transparent button). It's a bad idea, but I guess you're already desperate enough, since you started to look at Gauges...

Regards,
Constantine

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Ilya,

Just in case you don't get a better answer, I suggest to look in the direction of overlaying an Image with some widget which supports tooltips (e.g. a fully transparent button). It's a bad idea, but I guess you're already desperate enough, since you started to look at Gauges...

Regards,
Constantine

Thank you, Constantine . 

You answer was the only, and it works. 

@ptc, you want us to think hard when we just upgrade software. Please keep the existing functionality and add new. 

Top Tags