cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempt to update Axeda Platform Software Package through Groovy script failed

SOLVED
Level 6

Attempt to update Axeda Platform Software Package through Groovy script failed

I'm using Axeda Platform 6.6 and when I tried to add  DownloadInstruction to Software Package and create or update the package with V2 API SoftwarePackageBridge I received the error:

An unexpected error has occurred. If you continue to receive this error please contact support and report the event

Some other instruction like RestartAgentInstruction added successfully.

What can  be a reason of such behavior?

Best regards,

Vadim Duchovny, Senior Software Engineer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Attempt to update Axeda Platform Software Package through Groovy script failed

Hello, Vadim:

Now I see what's going on.  You are mixing v1 and v2 APIs.  DownloadInstruction is a v1 API. 

You want to use the v2 DownloadFileInstruction:  com.axeda.services.v2.DownloadFileInstruction

You will need to upload the file to the platform first to get a reference.  Please see the following link for more information on the process.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/REST-API-Example-Creating-a-Software-Package-with-File-Up...

-Chris Kaminski

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Attempt to update Axeda Platform Software Package through Groovy script failed

Hello, Vadim:

Can you post the code sample you are using?  

6.6 had some unimplemented features, but the bridge features are also very particular in their inputs. 

Regards,

-Chris Kaminski

See attached file (I renamed it from .groovy to .txt)

Before execution I verified that folder "/var/tmp/delivery" has valid file.

Thanks at advance,

Vadim Duchovny

Hello, Vadim:

Now I see what's going on.  You are mixing v1 and v2 APIs.  DownloadInstruction is a v1 API. 

You want to use the v2 DownloadFileInstruction:  com.axeda.services.v2.DownloadFileInstruction

You will need to upload the file to the platform first to get a reference.  Please see the following link for more information on the process.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/REST-API-Example-Creating-a-Software-Package-with-File-Up...

-Chris Kaminski

Thank you very much, Chris, for excellent assistance.

I'll try to use the example you mentioned.

Best regards,

Vadim Duchovny

Hi, Chris,

I didn't saw at first the second page of your explanation where you give the V1 API script.

I used it and now the package successfully created.

Thank you very much for excellent and absolutely clear assistance

Best regards,

Vadim Duchovny

Tags (1)

Hello, Vadim,

I'm glad I could assist.

Would you mind please marking this question as Solved?

Regards,

-Chris Kaminski