cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Authentication issues with appKey in HTTP session

avempati
1-Newbie

Authentication issues with appKey in HTTP session

Hi,

I am facing some issue regarding appKey and the error code was "HTTP Status 401 - No authType or appKey parameter has been specified for Authentication Scheme: AUTH_THINGWORX_APPKEY"

For example,

If I logout from my composer and try the following link,

http://localhost:80/Thingworx/Mashups/MashUpName?appKey=[myappkey]&x-thingworx-session=true

It shows the error "HTTP Status 401 - No authType or appKey parameter has been specified for Authentication Scheme: AUTH_THINGWORX_APPKEY". Then after refresh that page, it is showing the actual page. I am not able to understand why this behavior was, As soon as i click that link, I want to show the actual page without any error.

Is this an issue?

Thanks,

Alekhya

5 REPLIES 5

I think this is an issue of browser access and cookie storage.

Thingworx sometimes requires duplicate log-ins, and I think this bleeds over into their app key authentication.

Maybe setting x-thingworx-session to false will make a difference?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ptc-6292103)

He needs x-thingworx-session to be true to view a mashup using an appkey

but as you mentioned there is some bug in the auth behavior when using an appkey through a browser.

I believe it is on a list of 'to fix' in Dev.

In which version of TW are you planning to fix this issue. We are using TW 7.1 and we are also facing the same issue.

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Using this article to track the JIRA submitted for the issue of authenticating twice.

Is there any fix for that yet?

Top Tags