cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Authentication with User Credentials via Rest Api

vinesh
8-Gravel

Authentication with User Credentials via Rest Api

I've use Rest API calls on the same thingworxserver in order to "impersonate" de current user to a user which has Application Keys creation permissions (current users shoudn't have this kind of permissions).

Could you please explain what exactly is the purpose of doing this. Also, isn't it insecure to pass around appKeys between the client and the Twx application?

Related to previous post

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not passing around appKeys between client and server, I'm doing it from localhost to localhost (server side), there isn't network transfer related information, also I'm passing the appKey on the Post content not on the URL.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I'm not passing around appKeys between client and server, I'm doing it from localhost to localhost (server side), there isn't network transfer related information, also I'm passing the appKey on the Post content not on the URL.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi @vinesh.

If the response provided by @CarlesColl answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags