cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Automatically reload the mashup after ThingWorx is up and running again.

adiku
10-Marble

Automatically reload the mashup after ThingWorx is up and running again.

We have a Test mashup which is opened in runtime and we restarted the Tomcat and the ThingWorx is down. Can we automatically reload the Test Mashup in runtime once again after the ThingWorx is up and running again? Is there any way to do so?

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:adiku)

There is location.reload() that you could use, but the bigger challenge is what to use to trigger it.

You could perhaps have some push to the mashup from the server (GetProperties - Push when data is updated) and monitor that using a timer and an expression or validation widget that fires into the reload, however that wouldn't capture if ThingWorx is up and running again.

Not so sure you can do some sort of 'ping' command from the expression widget.

adiku
10-Marble
(To:PaiChung)

@PaiChung Hi Pai, Thank you for answering my question. Can I use ThingStart event of ThingWorx in which I am changing the property value and triggering the mashup.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

The problem is that once ThingWorx goes down, your session to the mashup ends and any 'push' connection is closed.

So even though ThingStart is a great way to detect the startup of ThingWorx there will be no path to notify the Mashup.

There may be some custom approach where you build in something into the mashup that 'pings' the server, but I've never tried anything like that.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @adiku.

It sounds like the biggest problem would be reauthenticating after the server restart.  You could set up a custom authenticator or if you're running SSO, it may sign in automatically.  You would need to set up a refresh in the mashup for it to recover once ThingWorx is back up.

What is your use case?

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags