cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Azure IoT Hub Connector Error

nnylund
1-Newbie

Azure IoT Hub Connector Error

Hello,

I have been trying to install the Azure IoT Hub Connector by following these instruction: PTC

I managed to get it to install the templates and shapes and then headed home for the day.

The next time I got to work I was not able to start the server..! It keeps giving me the following errors:

I tried doing it from a "fresh" computer to no avail, does anyone know what is the problem here ???

13:51:50.247 [main] INFO  c.t.f.i.AbstractManyPlatformWebSocketFabric - Many Platform WebSocket Fabric enabled without service discovery: endpoints=[ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS]

13:51:50.264 [main] INFO  c.t.s.i.transport.MuxingBytesChannel - Subchannel ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS-1 in channel ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS was no longer valid - unregistering it

13:51:50.264 [main] INFO  c.t.s.i.transport.MuxingBytesChannel - Subchannel ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS-2 in channel ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS was no longer valid - unregistering it

13:51:50.264 [main] INFO  c.t.s.i.transport.MuxingBytesChannel - Subchannel ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS-3 in channel ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS was no longer valid - unregistering it

13:51:50.264 [main] INFO  c.t.s.i.transport.MuxingBytesChannel - Subchannel ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS-4 in channel ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS was no longer valid - unregistering it

13:51:50.264 [main] INFO  c.t.s.i.transport.MuxingBytesChannel - Subchannel ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS-5 in channel ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS was no longer valid - unregistering it

13:51:50.265 [main] INFO  c.t.s.i.transport.MuxingBytesChannel - Needed to reconnect subchannels on client endpoint [id: ws://localhost:8080/Thingworx/WS] : [active: 0, max: 5]

13:51:50.319 [main] INFO  c.t.connectionserver.PlatformImpl - Starting ConnectionServer: UUID= *removed*, Platform protocol=V1, Platform transport=WEBSOCKETS

13:51:50.319 [main] INFO  c.t.connectionserver.PlatformImpl - Waiting for connection to platform...

13:51:51.398 [NettyClient-NIO-5] ERROR c.t.s.i.t.netty.NettyBytesChannel - Error while establishing websocket connection on channel com.thingworx.sdk.impl.transport.netty.NettyBytesChannel$2@11b13f74.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information: localhost/127.0.0.1:8080

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)

at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doFinishConnect(NioSocketChannel.java:224)

at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:289)

at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:528)

at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:468)

at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:382)

at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:354)

at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

3 REPLIES 3
sharmon
12-Amethyst
(To:nnylund)

What's the URL to your ThingWorx instance?

Would you post the contents of your azure-iot.conf file, with keys deleted or obfuscated, please?

My hypothesis is that we need to look at the ThingWorx URL in your configuration file.

In your opinion, what could be wrong with the URL ? Unfortunately I cannot share it..

Appreciate your help Stephen.

sharmon
12-Amethyst
(To:nnylund)

I was going to provide some general advice about constructing web socket URLs, but this error jumped out at me:

13:51:51.398 [NettyClient-NIO-5] ERROR c.t.s.i.t.netty.NettyBytesChannel - Error while establishing

websocket connection on channel com.thingworx.sdk.impl.transport.netty.NettyBytesChannel$2@11b13f74.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information: localhost/127.0.0.1:8080

Your Azure IoT Hub Connector is making an attempt to connect to localhost. This can happen if the AZURE_IOT_OPTS environment variable is not set. When this happens, the Azure IoT Hub Connector uses default values, rather than the ones you specified in azure-iot.conf.

On Windows, you make AZURE_IOT_OPTS an environment variable, or SET it in your session. On Linux, you make it one of your exports. If I'm setting up a prod instance where things will be stable, I make it a permanent environment variable. On my local Windows machine, I create a cmd script that sets it right before running the hub:

set AZURE_IOT_OPTS=-Dconfig.file=C:\Thingworx-Azure-IoT-Hub-Connector-2.0.0.141\connector\conf\azure-iot.conf

-Dlogback.configurationFile=C:\ThingWorx-Azure-IoT-Connector-2.0.0.141\connector\conf\logback.xml

azure-iot.bat

There's more information on setting the environment variable in ThingWorx Azure IoT Hub Connector Installation and Operations Guide v2.0. ​I hope this helps.

Top Tags