cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

BRING BACK THE DOUBLE-CLICK EVENT ON GRIDS!!!

OldGoat
12-Amethyst

BRING BACK THE DOUBLE-CLICK EVENT ON GRIDS!!!

We just upgraded from 9.8.? to 9.3.5.  Wow, there are a lot of changes that we were completely unprepared for, even after reading all of the release notes.  One of the HUGE things is the loss of the double-click event in the grids!  It is causing a HUGE stir among our users... They are quite ticked off that it has gone away!

The double-click event on grids MUST COME BACK!!!

Developers, if you agree, let PTC know by giving a thumbs-up vote.  They will ignore this post unless the developer community agrees

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:rogerjn)

Hi @rogerjn.

PTC is considering this feedback as a high priority and will provide roadmap info once the plans are firmed up. 

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
nmilleson
17-Peridot
(To:OldGoat)

@OldGoat,

Wish I could give more than one thumbs up to this... we actually decided to revert back to an older version for one of our customers, partially because of this change.

-Nick

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @OldGoat.

I have advised the Product Manager of your post.

We have received several requests for this feature, and as you know, there is also a request on the ThingWorx Ideas board, which you responded to.  At this time, our internal case on this is in backlog but I have requested an update with a projected timeline.  As soon as I have more information, I will post it here.

Regards.

--Sharon

OldGoat
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

Thank you, Sharon!  All of our customers will be extremely happy to know PTC is going to do something about this.  It's a real "hot-button" topic for us at the moment.

Respectfully,

- OldGoat -

OldGoat
12-Amethyst

Sharon,

Just curious...the last I had heard anything about bringing back the double-click feature was back in February of this year.  It is now mid-August...my customers and users are asking when the feature will come back.  Any word yet?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @OldGoat.

R&D has spent the last few weeks reviewing the risk of changes and the effort involved.  They have not yet published the targeted release for those changes.  Note that the content for new releases is sometimes scheduled months in advance and it's often not possible to add to the scope, which is why it often takes an extended time before a feature becomes available.

As soon as we receive more information, I will update the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Of course we all understand the importance of planning but in this case I would suggest that you prioritize this.

PTC should not break the functionality like this between minor updates. I can understand if you did it going to ThingWorx 10 but not like this!

As you know it is not even mentioned in the Release notes that you removed the event.

And to be honest, code changes for this is not a huge task. You already have the click event....just add a double-click event...

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:rogerjn)

Hi @rogerjn.

PTC is considering this feedback as a high priority and will provide roadmap info once the plans are firmed up. 

Regards.

--Sharon

jwilliams11
6-Contributor

Thank you Sharon!  Even though the double-click feature was removed some time ago, we still have users expecting it to be there, and questioning if our system is broken when it doesn't work for them.  The sooner you can return this feature, the better!

v/r,

Jeff Williams

Top Tags