cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Bar chart widget upon Click of a selected bar doesn't pass data to a Popup function

Giri
4-Participant

Bar chart widget upon Click of a selected bar doesn't pass data to a Popup function

In ThingWorx v 9.3.9-b1648, developed a mashup with a bar chart widget to show the data and on-click of a single bar, it should pass the data the Navigation function of popup type. I believe there is a bug with Bar chart widget. 

However the bar chart widget doesn't seem to send the selected bar data as a mashup parameter to the Popup function. I've set the 'selectedMode' property to single, also tried with default and multiple modes. Whereas when using the Grid widget, the data is getting passed to the popup function as a mashup parameter. 

I've followed the below steps: 

• Create a popup mashup and add mashup parameters to it, for binding it in base mashup.
  • Create a base mashup, add bar chart widget and configure the widget properties accordingly
  • Add data to the bar chart widget. Use a service that returns infotable type result, and the service will have "All data" and "selected row(s)" values. 
  • In the Base mashup,
    • Add Navigation function with Popup type and select popup mashup (created in step-1). Bind the Bar chart widget's Series Clicked event to trigger the navigation function. 
    • Bind the service's All data to the bar chart widget and configure the widget properties. 
    • Bind the Service's 'selected row(s)' value to mashup parameter of the Navigation (popup) function 
    • The Bar chart widget's selectedMode is set to Single. Also tried multiple and default options, didn't work either. 

Please let me know if I'm missing something over here!!! 

Upon viewing the mashup, the bar chart data gets displayed and the on-click of the bar should open a popup that should carry the selected bar data. However this isn't working in ThingWorx v 9.3.9-b1648. 

For ease of reproducing the issue, I'm attaching the entities where I've reproduced the issue, PFA for entities. Import entities in the order of

1. data shape (01-DataShapes_chart-selected-data-Values-datashape)
  2. thing (02-Things_chart-selected-data-Thing)
  3. popup mashup (03-Mashups_chart-selected-data-popup-mashup)
  4. mashup (04-Mashups_chart-selected-data-Mashup)

And view 04-Mashups_chart-selected-data-Mashup.xml

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Giri 

Please refer to this article - Article - CS393816 - Bar selection in bar chart does not selects row in Grid in ThingWorx 9.3 (ptc.com)

The issue got fixed in Thingworx 9.4.0

Multiple Selection

Velkumar_0-1696921627136.png

Single Selection

Velkumar_1-1696921785002.png

/VR

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Giri 

Please refer to this article - Article - CS393816 - Bar selection in bar chart does not selects row in Grid in ThingWorx 9.3 (ptc.com)

The issue got fixed in Thingworx 9.4.0

Multiple Selection

Velkumar_0-1696921627136.png

Single Selection

Velkumar_1-1696921785002.png

/VR

Giri
4-Participant
(To:Velkumar)

@Velkumar  I believe you are passing the "Selected Data" to the Grid. Same goes with Navigation function's mashup parameters as well. 

If it is known bug with ThingWorx v9.3.x, then can we expect the fix in a minor release (i.e., 9.3.10 or 9.3.15 etc., ) ?? 

As we are in an environment where moving to major upgrade is bit time taking. 

@Giri Yeah I have passed Selected Data from bar chart.

Sadly no I went through the 9.3.10 & 9.3.11 release notes and I'm not able to find a fix for this issue 

Fixed Issues in ThingWorx Platform 9.3.10 (ptc.com)

Fixed Issues in ThingWorx Platform 9.3.11 (ptc.com)

/VR

Announcements

Top Tags