cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Barchart with limits

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Barchart with limits

Hello,

I would like to display barchart as attached. Where the green represents normal operation and yellow and red represents warning and alarm respectively.

when the green cross yellow\red area the bar should change the color respectively.

I used stack option with multiple source and adding state definition for color change, but it didn't look the same.

Any ideas to achieve the same.

Thanks

BarChart.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @sbt.

We're still not fully understanding your use case, but based on what we're seeing, it doesn't appear you can do this within the core product.  You would need to develop your own custom extension.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:sbt)

Hi sbt.

What version of ThingWorx are you running?  This video available in the ThingWorx 9 Help Center may be helpful.

If you're not able to resolve it, please provide specifics on what you're expecting to see in ThingWorx that you're not already seeing.

Regards.

--Sharon

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

We are using Thingworx 9.1.5.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi sbt.

I'm afraid you'll need to provide further details of what it is you're seeing or not seeing.

Thanks.

--Sharon

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Sorry the expectation was that for a bar the limit for warning lets say is 5 and limit for alarm is 10 and max y axis scale is 20. so from 5 to 10 it should show in yellow and 10 to rest in my case its 20max so until 20 in red.

if the value is 2 then the bar is green and if it breaches warning or alarm limit the bar has to turn the color accordingly.

I hope you got my point, but with the current bar chart i was not able to achieve the same.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:sbt)

Hi @sbt.

Do you want the chart to look like the one in the screenshot you provided or is that a depiction of the problem?  You have breaks between the green and yellow bars, which doesn't appear to be what you would want.  Are state definitions working without the stacked option?  Why wouldn't you want the full bar to change colors depending on the value configured?

Regards.

--Sharon

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Yes @slangley  . We need exactly the same way what is shown in the screen shot. Also i really need to create white gap between the bars.

So the gap basically says that it will take x value to reach the warning limit.

Hope i gave you enough information.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sbt.

We're still not fully understanding your use case, but based on what we're seeing, it doesn't appear you can do this within the core product.  You would need to develop your own custom extension.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags