cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Basic File upload permissions

jensc
17-Peridot

Basic File upload permissions

Hello,

I was curious to know what the minimum viable permissions is for the file upload widget.

I found this post on the forum that is close to what I am looking for but not quite.

My error message just says:

jensc_0-1681311763005.png

I have given my user visibility to the file repository the widget uses and when I also gave the user ServiceInvoke to all services it works fine.

So basically what I'd like to know is which service is used when uploading?

There doesn't seem to be an obvious one as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:jensc)

I tested and first got unauthorized like you. In ApplicationLog I saw

Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on SearchThingsByTemplate in SearchFunctions
Invalid Request Exception: Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on CreateFolder in TestRepo

I added these permission and the upload worked.

I am currently confused why this is working with only 'CreateFolder' permission in the FileRepository. Would be interesting if this works for you as well. My setup is not a clean instance, so I may have other permissions inherited or so - but could not find any. 

The permissions I mentioned before may have been for the older file upload widget.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nmutter
14-Alexandrite

I think it was these:

• GetFileListing
  • CreateBinaryFile
    • need to give via service call - service is not visibly in composer

I did not verify it now. Maybe also

• GetFileChecksum
  • WriteToBinaryFile 
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:nmutter)

Hello @nmutter,

I tried these permissions and it seems like it was not the once needed as I am still getting the "Unauthorized" error.

Guess I'll wait and see if someone else has the answer.

Thanks,

Jens

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

I tested and first got unauthorized like you. In ApplicationLog I saw

Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on SearchThingsByTemplate in SearchFunctions
Invalid Request Exception: Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on CreateFolder in TestRepo

I added these permission and the upload worked.

I am currently confused why this is working with only 'CreateFolder' permission in the FileRepository. Would be interesting if this works for you as well. My setup is not a clean instance, so I may have other permissions inherited or so - but could not find any. 

The permissions I mentioned before may have been for the older file upload widget.

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:nmutter)

Hello,

I didn't actually check the ApplicationLog before, but you are correct, it does give this error.

And it seems like giving this permission, and this permission only,, lets the user upload files.

So for confirmation, the permission "CreateFolder" lets a user upload files from the file upload widget.

Thanks!

Jens

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

And I am really confused how this can be the only permission needed. Seems wrong for me, like TWX does bypass its own permission model for the file upload widget. Should create a PTC case for this..

Top Tags