cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Binding infotable rows to widgets

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Binding infotable rows to widgets

We can bind every column of infotable to widgets right. Likewise binding every row of same column to multiple widgets is possible ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:AP_9587236)

In that case, I guess you'll need to create 5 services each explicitly returns the String data you want to display.

Example:

let infotable = <execute service to get the initial infotable>; ← or even make it an input parameter that will be propagated from another service at runtime

let result = infotable.getRow(rowIndex).columnName;

Then bind the result to textboxes.

FYI, for infotable result, if the infotable output has datashape defined and it only has single row, then you can expand the result in mashup builder and bind each field to widgets as you wish.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine

Hi there,

I'm afraid it's not possible to bind every column or every row of infotable to widgets.

You can bind All Data (all infotable entries) or Selected Row(s) (some widgets allow selection) to widgets.

What you can do however is to configure Grid widgets for example to show only the columns you want to show.

Also, you can create additional services to further process an infotable and return an infotable with certain column(s).

Additionally you can use query type input parameter in a service to return filtered rows that meet some criteria. 

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks for your reply. I am not using grid widget. I am using 5 textboxes to show 5 rows of one column. 

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine

In that case, I guess you'll need to create 5 services each explicitly returns the String data you want to display.

Example:

let infotable = <execute service to get the initial infotable>; ← or even make it an input parameter that will be propagated from another service at runtime

let result = infotable.getRow(rowIndex).columnName;

Then bind the result to textboxes.

FYI, for infotable result, if the infotable output has datashape defined and it only has single row, then you can expand the result in mashup builder and bind each field to widgets as you wish.

Yeah the second one was my solution before, I needed to know any other options which is more feasible than this. 

Your solution was accurate. Thanks

I am binding selected rows of infotable which having only one row to textbox widget. The infotable's data shape having default values. If the infotable datas taken from datatable. If it doesn't have any values, it should display default values in the textbox.

But why the default values of infotable not passing to the Textbox widget.??

Please look at the image I have attached.

Top Tags