cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Binding remote thing + services via rest?

jpytlowany
1-Newbie

Binding remote thing + services via rest?

Hi,

I'm currently experimenting with using REST. I notice in the SDK's (C-SDK, for example), you typically bind a remote thing and then can define these remote services, which are essentially functions which run on the Edge device (executed via ThingWorx).

I am wondering, can this only be done through the web socket interface of the C-sdk? or are there REST calls where you can bind a remote thing, and then define a set of remote services.

I suspect you maybe can't? The C-SDK uses websockets which is full duplex and connection based. Http requests, on the other hand, is connection-less, (i think).

I guess my question boils down to:

Can you remotely create a service using REST? I can only see examples for binding a remote service (where the service's script is defined on the gateway/edge device). Can you still bind remote things/services/properites via REST?

Regards,

John

1 REPLY 1

I had a similar question here: Set lastConnection via REST and not Edge Microserver. Binding is necessary for the IsConnected/lastConnection properties to be set. But, I have been also seeing if "binding" can be transient/stateless or if there are BIND and UNBIND RESTful calls.

Top Tags