cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Bug in Thingworx 8.5.0

jasperlg
12-Amethyst

Bug in Thingworx 8.5.0

I'm having this bug in TW 8.5.0 where the reworked widgets are not always showing up. When I press 'view mashup' 10 times, I'd see the new widgets 1 time. I have set up 3 environments with TW 8.5.0, and I have had this with 2 out of 3 environments:

- One in the cloud (don't know what database)

- One with PostgreSQL

- One with MSSQL (with no issues) 

Will this issue be resolved in 8.5.1? And when will 8.5.1 be released? 

Jasper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

This is a known bug and already logged. TWX 8.5.1 build 85 actually fixes this.  But here is a post from PTC that acknowledges the error--towards the bottom of the release notes.  Much of what it defines as the solution to the JS error is not applicable for how to fix what the OP is experiencing, but it is absolutely the root cause.

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FRelease_Notes%2Fversion8.5.0ReleaseNotes.html%23wwID0EFUBG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:jasperlg)

I believe there is already a new rev released for 8.5.0 not sure if it addresses this issue you are having.

jasperlg
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

@PaiChung , 

For our last install we used the software from this week on the Software Download platform. Datecode is also F000 (first release?). 

So I don't believe it is fixed yet, unless the software is available somewhere else? 

Jasper

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jasperlg.

You might try clearing your browser cache to see if this has any effect.

The 8.5.1 patch release of ThingWorx is targeted for release at the end of this month.  We would need specifics on the affected widgets to determine if the issue you are experiencing is being addressed.

Regards.

--Sharon

jasperlg
12-Amethyst

@slangley

I've tried clearing my browsercache, the problem won't go away. 

It's also weird that on the 3 servers we have installed, the problem comes a different failurerate. (0%, 20%, 90%)

I really hope this problem will be fixed in 8.5.1. 

Specifics on the affected widgets are simply all the reworked widgets in 8.5. 

So sometimes the reworked widgets will load, sometimes they won't, it's unpredictable. 

I hope this is clear enough and that this will be fixed in the next release. 

Jasper

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jasperlg.

Do you experience the same issue under different browsers?

Please provide some examples of the widgets reflecting this behavior so we can investigate.

Regards.

--Sharon

wposner-2
12-Amethyst

It's not you.  it's anyone using the 8.5.0 version of TWX.  If you check your console log, you'll probably notice that there is an error thrown as soon as the mashup loads.  Sometimes widgets will load.  Sometimes they won't.  If they don't load you should also notice your console log rapidly filling up with messages.  

It's a very annoying bug and frankly surprised PTC didn't issue an emergency patch as soon as it was reported.  Instead, everyone has to wait another week until the official build of 8.5.1 is released.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jasperlg.

I have confirmed that ThingWorx 8.5.1 does correct this issue.  As stated earlier, that release is targeted for the end of November.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi everyone.

I spoke to R&D about this and we need more information:  affected widgets and logs.   @jasperlg, I am opening a case in your name and will communicate through the case, but it will be helpful if you can provide an export of your mashup and other entities so we can test it here.  It would also be helpful to know more regarding your affected environments, such as platform version (Linux or Windows), Tomcat version, java version, and db version.

Once we have more information from working the case, we will post an update here.

Regards.

--Sharon

wposner-2
12-Amethyst

This is a known bug and already logged. TWX 8.5.1 build 85 actually fixes this.  But here is a post from PTC that acknowledges the error--towards the bottom of the release notes.  Much of what it defines as the solution to the JS error is not applicable for how to fix what the OP is experiencing, but it is absolutely the root cause.

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FRelease_Notes%2Fversion8.5.0ReleaseNotes.html%23wwID0EFUBG

Top Tags