cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Calling service a specific times throughout the day

Chao123
11-Garnet

Calling service a specific times throughout the day

Hello,

I am trying to call my service 'ResetSheetCount' on each hour throughout the day. (7,8,9,10,11,12, .etc). I am wondering what is the best route to go with this. To use a timer that calls my service every second (use JS to determine whether the time is correct to reset sheet count) or create 8 or 9 schedulers that will execute the service at the correct times. Any other suggestions would be great. 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Chao123)

Hi @Chao123.

From an efficiency standpoint, running the scheduler every hour is the best solution.  Here is a link to the ThingWorx Help Center to provide more information.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Chao123.

From an efficiency standpoint, running the scheduler every hour is the best solution.  Here is a link to the ThingWorx Help Center to provide more information.

Regards.

--Sharon

This was my thought as well, however that route isn't going to run the service at those specific times.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Chao123.

Perhaps I'm not fully understanding.  Can you explain why the suggestion will not work?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello again @slangley ,

I need that count to reset at say 7 am exactly and then 8 am exactly. If I use the scheduler at 1 hour intervals this isn't necessarily going to execute those services at 7 am and 8 am. It may be 7:07 or 8:07. At least that is my understanding

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Chao123.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running?

Regards.

--Sharon

Sharon,

I believe it is 8.3.10-b1010

Thanks

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Chao123.

The scheduler was changed in 8.5--see article.  For the version, you are running, you may need to create a schedule for each hourly run needed.

Regards.

--Sharon

Sharon,

Aha, that is what I had figured.. 

Thank you for the help!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Chao123.

If my previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags