cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can Alert be triggered with delay

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite

Can Alert be triggered with delay

Dear Community,

Now there is a demand, when the alert reaches the condition for more than how many minutes to trigger an event, the way I currently think of is to use Timer to control, but if there are a lot of alerts, will there be performance problems? Or is there a better way to deal with it, thank you!

Best Regards,

Chason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

@slangley 

I have implemented it by using pause(5000) in the subscription. There are probably more than 200 alerts, but I’m not sure how efficient it is. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Chason

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:CZ_9645217)

I think the link below regarding the best practice can help your needs.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS277057

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite
(To:sbt)

@sbt 

If we don’t use Workflow, is there any other better way, thank you!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @CZ_9645217

Can you please provide more details on your use case?  Also, how many alerts are you actually referring to?

Regards.

--Sharon

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite

@slangley 

I have implemented it by using pause(5000) in the subscription. There are probably more than 200 alerts, but I’m not sure how efficient it is. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Chason

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @CZ_9645217 

Without more information, we would not be able to respond regarding efficiency.  For example, you mentioned 200 alerts, but how many of these are firing in a given time range?  How often are they evaluated?  

You might try looking at Resources > AlertFunctions.  There are services called QueryAlertSummary and QueryAlertSummaryForThing that may be useful for addressing your needs.

Please provide more information regarding your use case and we will try to be more definitive.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @CZ_9645217 

Have you found a solution to your issues?  If so, please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others in the community.  If you still have questions/issues, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags