cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Can I create a user in TWX with Read Only Access.

pagrawal-2
2-Guest

Can I create a user in TWX with Read Only Access.

I want to create a User with View access only.

So that I can share the credentials with people willing to play with Thingworx but they wont be able to change anything.

10 REPLIES 10

Yeah, the user should just need visibility permissions granted on anything you want them to be able to see. You will also need to grant design time permissions for Read like this:

There is an overview on ThingWorx permissions found in KCS article CS236180

Hope this helps!

Hi Tori,

Thanks for reply bdw.

One more thing I need to ask is that:

If I create a Thing and in that I create a service.

Then with the new user other than "Admin"

Can I run that service.

Because I tried that but I am not getting results.

Thanks.

In that case you may need to see "Property, Service or Event Overrides" section under Runtime

ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:nkhose)

Yes, in order for a user to be able to run a service, then there will need to be Runtime Service Execute permissions granted to that user

Hi all,

I did all you guys are saying.

Just once this scenario:

I created a thing named "11111.......WC_TWX_Connection"

I created a service in that thing named "WC_Data"

I created a user named "agrawp1"

Then through Administrator Login I gave access for  Visibility, Design Time and Run Time in "11111.......WC_TWX_Connection" to service "WC_Data" like this:

Design Time :

Run Time :

I also gave access to the services also.

And still when I am logging with the user "agrawp1" and running this WC_Data Service,

I am not getting any data.

Now please suggest a solution.

Thanks.

Have you check the logs when you run the service "WC_Data" when you log-in as user "agrawp1" .Check for logs and try to debug the service once

using logger.warn('Service called') in the service itself to check if the service is running but there are other problems as like other User permissions are

overriding the current User permission or any other . Let me know if problem persists by checking logs i will post a pictorial solution .

I am getting this in logs after I use logger.warn(""); in script at three places:

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:pagrawal-2)

Hi Prashant Kumar Agrawal​,

Login as Admin and check the Application logs for Error. It would show some Errors related to permissions (in case its a Permission). Try providing those permissions to the user.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for the reply.

I am getting this:

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:pagrawal-2)

Hi Prashant,

Please check following article related to this error: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS227933&lang=en_US

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Top Tags