cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Can I customize time selector widget?

fmanniti
9-Granite

Can I customize time selector widget?

Is it possible to customize the time selector widget more then colors?

I would like to change the text On/Off with another text and same thing for Refresh now.

I am afraid that for thingworx widget it is not possible to get the ide and runtime javascript to customize them, is it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Fabio,

To customize Texts, you can go to localization tables, it are there ( the "problem" will be that it will change TW System wide ):

• on and off Tokens
  • refresh / refreshNow Tokens

About the colors you should play around with FocusStyle/TimeBGStyle/TimeDatePickerStyle/TimeAutoRefreshStyle/TimeRefreshBtnStyle Style properties.

If you want to go beyond that customization options, then you can create your own Time Selector widget as an extension based on current Time Selector code, we already did it to support TimeZone and it's not hard once you are used

Best Regards,

Carles.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Fabio,

To customize Texts, you can go to localization tables, it are there ( the "problem" will be that it will change TW System wide ):

• on and off Tokens
  • refresh / refreshNow Tokens

About the colors you should play around with FocusStyle/TimeBGStyle/TimeDatePickerStyle/TimeAutoRefreshStyle/TimeRefreshBtnStyle Style properties.

If you want to go beyond that customization options, then you can create your own Time Selector widget as an extension based on current Time Selector code, we already did it to support TimeZone and it's not hard once you are used

Best Regards,

Carles.

Localization tokens does what I need but, just to know, from your answer I understand it is possible to get the Time Selector code, am i right?

Because I thought I could get the code only from widget I download from Market Place.

Hi Fabio,

Yes you can get the code from the TW Server, it's there ( it's just plain HTML5 files XXX/Tomcat 8/webapps/Thingworx/Common/thingworx/widgets/*).

Carles.

Thank you

I have one more question but I guess I must open a new discussion for this:

what about if I am making my own widget which among its properties has a label and I want to be a Localization Token?

What should I set into the characteristics of the property in order to be seen the little globe left to the property name?

on Property Definitions ( .ide.js ) set for the property 'isLocalizable': true

Thank you

Top Tags