cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can i import data and edit at mashup

DR_10558933
5-Regular Member

Can i import data and edit at mashup

First i get data from excel like this

2.png

and then import to Thingworx and create datashape like this

1.png

and show data in grid at mashup

3.png

but data not show the same as raw data

Can i setting to show as the raw data in grid table and edit data in table?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @DR_10558933 ,

I have tried to replicate the same case in my local Thingworx 9.4.0, its working fine. Can you please post your code/snippet which you have utilized in your service along with your Thingworx version.

Sample CSV File: 

Arun_C_2-1698732831211.png

Sample Code to import CSV file to Thingworx  using ReadCSVFile Snippet:

Arun_C_0-1698731912798.png

Datashape fields:

Arun_C_1-1698732023559.png

Expected Output as Infotable:

Arun_C_3-1698732898533.png

Final Mashup Update in Grid:

Arun_C_0-1698732549028.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

DR_10558933
5-Regular Member
(To:Arun_C)

This is my code

4.png

Hi @DR_10558933 ,

As per the Parsley Extension - 2.2.8 they mentioned in the note that "ParseXLSX is rudimentary and expects a simple grid of data. It also requires the Apache POI libraries, which conflict with some other extensions". I think the complete XLSX parsing may not be work in this case. 

ParseJSON & PasreCSV are working fine in Parsley Extension. If it is single sheet data better go with CSVParseFunctions by importing & parsing the CSV files which is recommended by PTC Team.

Arun_C_0-1698744823170.png

As per this post you can also check with this person for the parsley extension related queries @jamesm1 /jmccuen@ptc.com.

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

The key aspect here is that in case you have issues with a non-PTC supported extension you should:

1. always reach out to the extension owner.
  2. be prepared to debug and fix the extension's source code in case it's no longer maintained or the owner is non-responsive.

All extensions out there that are not downloadable from support.ptc.com follow this model, and they are always provided as a starter-kit (and not as a supported content).

Note that James no longer works at PTC since quite some time and the email address mentioned above is not valid.

In this situation you should create an issue in that extension's Github repository page (if that really is your issue).

Top Tags