cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can't change JVM in ThingWorx Platform 9.1 from java oracle 8 to OpenJDK

Gatulz
6-Contributor

Can't change JVM in ThingWorx Platform 9.1 from java oracle 8 to OpenJDK

Thingworx Platform 9.1 is already supported Open JDK, so I want to change JVM from java oracle 8 to open JDK (I tried with Amazon Corretto 11 and Adopt OpenJDK 11). I have tried to change JAVA_HOME into OpenJDK directory and %JAVA_HOME%\bin to the PATH in System Environment Variable and restart the ThingWorx services, but the JVM used in ThingWorx is still Java oracle 8.

And then, I tried to change JVM version directly from apache tomcat configuration by checklist the "Use Default" check box and restart ThingWorx services, the JVM still not change

And then I tried to set directory of OpenJDK jvm.dll file on the Java Virtual Machine field in apache tomcat configuration, but I got an error when I tried to start ThingWorx service.

Did anyone has successfully change the JVM version on Thingworx 9.1? (especially from java SE 8 to OpenJDK)

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tdixit
13-Aquamarine
(To:Gatulz)

Hi @Gatulz 

Thank you for reaching out to PTC.

Have you followed the steps as mentioned in PTC Help Center  to update the JAVA 11

If not, please follow the steps as mentioned in the above link and let us know if it works or not after that

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tdixit
13-Aquamarine
(To:Gatulz)

Hi @Gatulz 

Thank you for reaching out to PTC.

Have you followed the steps as mentioned in PTC Help Center  to update the JAVA 11

If not, please follow the steps as mentioned in the above link and let us know if it works or not after that

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

Gatulz
6-Contributor
(To:tdixit)

Hi @tdixit,
Thank you for the reply,
I failed because I skip the step to change JAVA OPTION in tomcat configuration.
I have tried step by step in my local VM and its works, java now changes to OpenJDK.

Top Tags