cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Can the REST call <Windchill Rest URL>/structure/objects be used to search for Windchill objects using "Soft/Custom Attributes" as crieteria?

vshanmugavelayu
9-Granite

Can the REST call <Windchill Rest URL>/structure/objects be used to search for Windchill objects using "Soft/Custom Attributes" as crieteria?

I want to use the <Windchill Rest URL>/structure/objects to search for Windchill objects by, passing a Windchill Soft Attribute as search criteria instead of the out of the box metadata (like Name/Number). Can someone help me with the exact syntax for filter criteria?

3 REPLIES 3

You can find the documentation for Windchill REST Services in Windchill installation under Customization >> Documentation >> REST APIs.

Thanks for the reply Marek!

I already did went through the documentations. May be I was not clear in my requirement. I want to use this particular REST call to fetch Windchill documents based on custom attribute value as criteria. Say my document in Windchill have a custom attribute like "Manufacturing Site", i want to use the rest URL to fetch only those Document whose "Manufacturing Site" attribute value is "USA".

I suspect that it is a limitation of the "Objects" REST services, if I remember it does not accept soft attributes and object reference in the $filter criteria.

If you want to query based on soft attributes, you may consider the WindchillConnector::Query service : it exposes the <Query-Objects> webject and accepts soft attributes in the criteria/where clause.

Top Tags