cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Can you display an infotable in a Mashup that has no Data Shape?

jmay1
5-Regular Member

Can you display an infotable in a Mashup that has no Data Shape?

I have a SDK agent service that returns an infotable to the platform and I need to display this infotable in a mashup. The infotable has no data shape because the columns are created dynamically and can vary.

I would prefer to use the property display widget as this service returns only one row and I would like it to display down vertically instead of a grid that displays the row horizontally but I can not get the property display widget or the grid widget to display the infotable unless I have a data shape assigned to the return infotable. Is there a way to display an infotable that isn't defined with a data shape?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:jmay1)

Jenna, if you are using a service that returns All Data, you should still be able to bind it to a Grid widget or a Property Display widget. A simple test case would to do bind a Dynamic service like GetPropertyValuesVTQA for a GenericThing (as it pretty much works on the same principle) with a text box bound to the Entity Name and the changed event bound to call the GetPropertyValuesVTQA service. If you typed in different Thing names, you would see them change dynamically based on your input.

The only thing to note is that 'Show all columns' must be checked/ enabled for both widgets to display all columns.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:jmay1)

Jenna, if you are using a service that returns All Data, you should still be able to bind it to a Grid widget or a Property Display widget. A simple test case would to do bind a Dynamic service like GetPropertyValuesVTQA for a GenericThing (as it pretty much works on the same principle) with a text box bound to the Entity Name and the changed event bound to call the GetPropertyValuesVTQA service. If you typed in different Thing names, you would see them change dynamically based on your input.

The only thing to note is that 'Show all columns' must be checked/ enabled for both widgets to display all columns.

jmay1
5-Regular Member
(To:Aanjan)

Ok, so if it has no data shape the "Show all columns" must be checked. It's working now. Thank you!

Top Tags