cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Cannot connect to Postgres11 in Thingworx 9

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine

Cannot connect to Postgres11 in Thingworx 9

Installed Thingworx, db, schema with Postgres11. Configured platform settings and launched Tomcat9.

The composer is not launched and error message in log is seen as 

*****************************************************************************************************************************

2020-07-25 23:52:03.459+0530 [L: WARN] [O: c.m.v.r.BasicResourcePool] [I: ] [U: ] [S: ] [P: ] [T: C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->1hge0w8ab11ik8j81mfnmrx|32385e84]-HelperThread-#3] Having failed to acquire a resource, com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool@111aed00 is interrupting all Threads waiting on a resource to check out. Will try again in response to new client requests.
2020-07-25 23:52:03.459+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: main] *** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

*****************************************************************************************************************************

From Psql promt , was able to connect to db

C:\tools\PostgreSQL\11\bin>psql --host=localhost --port=5432 --username=twadmin --password --dbname=thingworx
Password:
psql (11.8)
WARNING: Console code page (437) differs from Windows code page (1252)
8-bit characters might not work correctly. See psql reference
page "Notes for Windows users" for details.
Type "help" for help.

thingworx=>

Platform settings file attached for reference.

Any inputs on what could be wrong in configuration of thingworx to postgresql.

Regards,

Hari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nhksrd
13-Aquamarine
(To:nhksrd)

3 REPLIES 3
mnarang
17-Peridot

I believe there is an issue in your json file, ExtensionPackageImportPolicy section should be a part of PlatformSettingsConfig section. Close PlatformSettingsConfig after ExtensionPackageImportPolicy and try again. 

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine
(To:mnarang)

Moved extensions in platform-settings.json, but the issue is still seen.

If I make chcp as 1252 in command prompt and run psql connection the twadmin could connect using password

but thingworx9 not able to connect using same password in platform settings file for twadmin. attached logs and screenshot.

Planning to raise a ticket with support team.

Regards

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine

Raised Support case and got articles to follow

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS235937

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS260130

Thanks,

Hari

Top Tags