cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Change color of LED display / Value display based on timing

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Change color of LED display / Value display based on timing

Hi,

Is it possible to change the color of led / value display to red for just 5 seconds when changed from one value to another value and after 5 seconds turn it back to black?

How can I achieve this in ThingWorx 8.2?

Thanks in advance, Shalini v.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shalini,

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png

There is a way to implement your functionality. I will walk you through the steps here:

• Create two led button widgets. Create your custom style definitions and assign them to these LED widgets through "LEDStyle" option
  • You can place the LED widgets on top of one another for consistent rendering. Set the red LED widget visibility to false.
  • From the thing where you are binding the value to LED display widgets, add two more properties of type Boolean. These properties are used to determine which LED widget to be displayed. 
  • Now create a subscription on the thing based on the DataChange event of the binding property.
  • Write a service under the same thing to Reset the LED visibility.
  • Set the default value of ShowGreenLED to true, ShowREDLED to false.
  • Now bind the data to the widgets. Please find attachments for your reference.
  • Set the auto refresh interval to 5 and you will have your desired functionality.

Let me know if you face any issues with the implementation.

Best regards,

Rajesh.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Shalini,

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png

There is a way to implement your functionality. I will walk you through the steps here:

• Create two led button widgets. Create your custom style definitions and assign them to these LED widgets through "LEDStyle" option
  • You can place the LED widgets on top of one another for consistent rendering. Set the red LED widget visibility to false.
  • From the thing where you are binding the value to LED display widgets, add two more properties of type Boolean. These properties are used to determine which LED widget to be displayed. 
  • Now create a subscription on the thing based on the DataChange event of the binding property.
  • Write a service under the same thing to Reset the LED visibility.
  • Set the default value of ShowGreenLED to true, ShowREDLED to false.
  • Now bind the data to the widgets. Please find attachments for your reference.
  • Set the auto refresh interval to 5 and you will have your desired functionality.

Let me know if you face any issues with the implementation.

Best regards,

Rajesh.

Hi @Rajesh_Sayana ,

This worked. Thanks a lot.

Top Tags