cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Collection Level Events

jasong
1-Newbie

Collection Level Events

Are there or have there ever been any plans for collection level events?

We already have the SecurityMonitor for Login events, which is fantastic (and also, something I think I asked for way back in 4.0), but I'd love to see an EntityMonitor thing with events like

EntityMonitor.ThingCreated()

EntityMonitor.ThingUpdated()

EntityMonitor.ThingDeleted() (somehow magically running within transaction so that we could bail on the delete if warranted.)

Similarly, that pattern for all EntityTypes would likely be helpful for someone. For me, that would be

Things, Users, ThingShapes, ThingTemplates would be the most helpful.

Has anyone thought about this? Is there a JIRA in there waiting for customer endorsement? If so, mark me down as a vote for yes.

I do suspect this is not that interesting of an idea for traditional Twx developers, but for extension developers, we may be interested in what our developers/users are doing, this seems like a no brain-er to have as an option, but maybe I am not thinking hard enough or am not aware about the negative consequences of this.

Alternatively, rather than a single thing with a ton of events (3 x ThingworxEntityTypes.values().length) the ThingTemplate could be called EntityMonitorTemplate and have a config table (or single property?) that lets you set a a ThingWorxEntityTypes enum value to choose the Collection type they want.

And have events:

EntityMonitorTemplate.EntityCreated()

EntityMonitorTemplate.EntityUpdated()

EntityMonitorTemplate.EntityDeleted()

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:jasong)

Uh-oh now I have to live up to that

Here's the Jira info/ number - PSPT-3359. I'll keep the thread updated on any changes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Aanjan
9-Granite

Jason, I don't believe we have an active enhancement Jira for Collection level/ Entity manipulation events. Having this would certainly help around tightening creations/ deletions of ghost entities. I'll go ahead and create a Jira for this now and keep the thread posted on any updates. Thanks!

jasong
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Thank you! You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Uh-oh now I have to live up to that

Here's the Jira info/ number - PSPT-3359. I'll keep the thread updated on any changes. Thanks!

Top Tags