cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Collection Widget 8.2.3 Data Load/Unload Behavior

atsenska
4-Participant

Collection Widget 8.2.3 Data Load/Unload Behavior

Hey everyone, I am attempting to upgrade a mashup using a repeater widget to a collection widget, as I would like to take advantage of the better stylistic choices the collection widget has (selected cell mashups in particular).

I am running into an issue which is similar to the "Data Load/Unload" property in the Repeater Widget. I will attempt to show with some pictures along the way. 

repeaterpic1 and repeaterpic2 show how the mashup currently operates. Pic 1 shows two repeater widgets acting as a dynamic menu, feeding into a third repeater widget acting as a grid. The population of the widgets is designated by the selection from the one before. So in Pic 1; "MADE AS INTENDED (LEVEL A)" populates the second panel where "Summary" is selected. "MADE AS INTENDED (LEVEL A)" and "Summary" being selected populates the grid looking object on the far right.

Pic 2 shows the same set up, but with a different selection in the far left panel.

Now, "OTHER(OTHER)" is selected, and yet again "Summary" is selected in the second panel, but notice the other options that could be selected that are different than in repeaterpic1. Due to these two selections you see the grid on the far right.

For the last two pictures, collectionpic1 and collectionpic2 show an identical set up as far as mashup parameters, but replacing the second panel with a collection widget.

Collectionpic1 shows the mashup upon load, and just about an identical scenario to repeaterpic1. The data loads, and the options in the collection widget in the second are for the time correct.

Collectionpic2 shows the issue I am having. Now, "OTHER(OTHER)" is selected in the first panel, which means the second panel should now populate with the options seen in the second panel in repeaterpic2. The collection widget is still selecting "Summary" here (although I haven't set up a new selectedcellmashup), and you can see this because the far right grid is showing an identical composition to what occurs with the two repeater widgets. However, I am expecting the same data that appears in the second panel repeater in repeaterpic2 to appear in this collection widget and it does not.

I am wondering if this has to do with the collection widget using caching to improve performance, which makes me think of the "Data Load/Unload Behavior" seen in the repeater widget properties. I would like the collection widget to Load and Unload on demand. Whenever a new infotable is sent to the collection widget, the cache should unload and the widget should populate with the new infotable results. Oddly enough, I can actually click on "Made As Intended" seen in collectionpic2, and the data on the far right grid will populate correctly. It will load the first option in the data set which is "Bottle ID Laser" correctly. The data definitely IS THERE in the collection widget, but it is not actually showing during runtime mashup usage.

I know this is new development, but have any users or any of the PTC staff run into this? Does anybody have any ideas on something on the back-end I might be missing in the configuration of the widget? I have a json string in the mashup property binding, but nothing in the global property because I couldn't see how it would apply. Any help that someone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags