cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Configure/Set Scheduler Trigger At Specific Time

Ramkumar
9-Granite

Configure/Set Scheduler Trigger At Specific Time

Have created Two Scheduler Things to run on every hour(set using cron pattern).

However subscriptions of each schedulers fire at different time(currently with a difference of 1 minute).

1. Is there any way to execute Schedulers to run at same time instead of two different times?

2. Also is there a way to set Scheduler to run at start of every hour (e.g 01:00), when set to execute 1 hour in cron pattern?(Currently Scheduler trigger every hour but not at start of hour.)

E.g. Expecting to execute Scheduler to execute at 01:00, 02:00, 03:00..etc instead of 01:32,02:32,03:32..etc

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Ramkumar,

I can confirm that multiple schedulers should work fine with the same config (their limit is dictated only by the maximum number of event processing threads configured on EventProcessingSubsystem), and your Cron expression is correct for your purpose (it triggers at 00:00:00, 01:00:00, 02:00:00, etc), so if it doesn't work, then most probably it is a result of some error in your scheduled event subscription. I would suggest adding more script logging to try to understand what happens.

Regards,
Constantine

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Ramkumar)

Hi @Ramkumar.

Please check this post for possible solutions.

Regards.

--Sharon

Thanks for the quick response @slangley !

Adding more information to my question

We have two Scheduler Things configured with 'Manual' as Schedule Type with cronString "0 0 0/1 * * ? *"

Our understanding was Scheduler would run at 0th second of 0th minute of every hour every day every month.

However two Schedulers configured with same cronString runs at one minute difference i.e if Scheduler1 starts at for example 12.00 then Scheduler2 starts at 12.01.

Our Expectation is both Schedulers would start at 12.00.Can multiple Scheduler run in parallel at same time or that is not feasible?

Please let us know if we are missing something.

Note:

Tried resetting start time of scheduler by disabling and enabling Scheduler Thing referring CS275742.But still not working as expected

Hello @Ramkumar,

I can confirm that multiple schedulers should work fine with the same config (their limit is dictated only by the maximum number of event processing threads configured on EventProcessingSubsystem), and your Cron expression is correct for your purpose (it triggers at 00:00:00, 01:00:00, 02:00:00, etc), so if it doesn't work, then most probably it is a result of some error in your scheduled event subscription. I would suggest adding more script logging to try to understand what happens.

Regards,
Constantine

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Ramkumar)

Hi @Ramkumar.

If one of the previous posts answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags