cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Connection server in Thingworx HA

DB_10158214
4-Participant

Connection server in Thingworx HA

Hello,

I am trying to setup Thingworx HA cluster on Kubernetes. Thingworx foundation containers are up and thingworx composer is accessible. I am unable to bring cxserver up, error is in zookeeper client connect(detailed message below).  

Can you please support me with some troubleshooting steps to verify zookeeper? Also any pointers on CXServer troubleshooting  ?

Error Message

Error :{"@timestamp":"2022-06-24T04:54:39.915+00:00","@version":1,"message":"Background exception was not retry-able or retry gave up","logger_name":"org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl","thread_name":"main-EventThread","level":"ERROR","level_value":40000,"stack_trace":"java.lang.NullPointerException: null\n\tat org.apache.curator.framework.imps.EnsembleTracker.configToConnectionString(EnsembleTracker.java:185)\n\tat org.apache.curator.framework.imps.EnsembleTracker.processConfigData(EnsembleTracker.java:206)\n\tat org.apache.curator.framework.imps.EnsembleTracker.access$300(EnsembleTracker.java:50)\n\tat org.apache.curator.framework.imps.EnsembleTracker$2.processResult(EnsembleTracker.java:150)\n\tat org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.sendToBackgroundCallback(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:883)\n\tat org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.processBackgroundOperation(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:653)\n\tat org.apache.curator.framework.imps.WatcherRemovalFacade.processBackgroundOperation(WatcherRemovalFacade.java:152)\n\tat org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetConfigBuilderImpl$2.processResult(GetConfigBuilderImpl.java:222)\n\tat org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.processEvent(ClientCnxn.java:598)\n\tat org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:510)\n"}

1 REPLY 1
TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:DB_10158214)

Hi @DB_10158214,

Not sure if it's the same root cause but I found an internal issue reported with the same error log.

The issue appeared to be caused by port mapping.

"The problem is port mapping. if we don't map the ports and leave the default port 2181 there are no problems. 

"Re-testing with corrected configuration, i.e. removing ports mapping from the “ports“ section in each zookeeper service."

Could you please check the docker-compose.yml file, see if the zookeeper service > port is configured as "2181:2181"? 

If so, please try changing it to below, save the file and start the contains again to see if it resolves the issue?

ports: 

- "2181"

Top Tags